Effective Winter Storm Restoration: Our SERVPRO team has the answers to your property damage repair concerns
As we settle in for what may or may not be an arctic cold and blizzard filled winter, it makes sense to review some basic steps to help shield your home and family or your business and employees from the worst that Northeast Winters can offer. Cold temperatures, snow, ice, blizzard conditions with high winds and dangerous wind chills all contribute to the possible threat of a Pennsylvania residential or commercial property disaster. Whether it is a burst plumbing pipe or your water heater, an electrical fire or your furnace or fireplace has a puff back, winter poses a serious threat to your home or business from a fire, smoke, water or sewage property damage event.
Has your West Chester home or business experience a pipe break over the last several weeks?
Our SERVPRO of West Chester/ Southern Delco team has been helping our local communities for nearly 30 years, we are prepared with expert training and quality equipment to mitigate and restore your commercial or residential property. Our technicians are available 24-7 with our Emergency Service Team to help cleanup and repair your property damage from water, sewage, smoke, or fire. Our priority is providing quick and effective service and solutions to restore your property and belongings, “Like it never even happened.”
When West Chester winter storms are coming to your property it is important to be prepared, our SERVPRO teams are ready and always prepared to handle any size property disaster. Call SERVPRO of West Chester/ Southern Delco after you experience water damage. Whether it is from ice dams, basement flooding from ice buildup, or excessive snow melt; we can make the difference from a quick cleanup and mitigation from becoming a costly restoration, construction, and mold remediation services.
UNDERSTAND WINTER WEATHER TERMINOLOGY
- Winter Weather Outlook: Meteorologists issue this typically 3-5 days prior to a winter storm when they believe wintery conditions are possible.
- Winter Weather Advisory: Issued typically 2-3 days prior to a possible hazardous winter weather storm that could cause “significant inconvenience, and if caution is not exercised, could lead to life-threatening situations.”
- Winter Weather Watch: Watches are typically issued 12-48 hours before a winter storm is set to hit. This is to advise the public of the possibility of a winter storm, blizzard, or other hazardous wintery conditions such as freezing rain.
- Winter Weather Warning: Warnings alert the public 2-24 hours before a winter storm occurs. Issued for hazardous winter weather that can cause “significant inconvenience, and if caution is not exercised, could lead to life-threatening situations.”
Blizzard Warning: Sustained wind or frequent gusts greater than or equal to 35 miles per hour accompanied by falling and/or blowing snow, frequently visibilities less than 1/4 of a mile for at least 3 hours.
Winter Storm Warning: Heavy Snow (snow accumulation of 6 inches or more in 12 hours or 8 inches or more in 24 hours), Sleet (accumulation of ice pellets 1/2 of an inch and greater), Ice (accumulation of 1/4 of an inch or more) and/or heavy Snow and Blowing Snow (wind is below blizzard criteria).
SERVPRO CAN HELP WITH WATER PROPERTY EMERGENCIES FOLLOWING STORM FLOODING OR FREEZING WINTER WEATHER
Northeast Winter Storms can bring any number of potential hazards to your West Chester commercial or residential property. This is including fallen tree limbs, hail, blizzard winds and heavy rain and snow. Your home or business is at risk from a collapsed roof, or frozen pipe burst, once a significant amount of water from flooding or moisture affects your home or business, problems from water damage can start to occur.
It is critical to take quick action and call our SERVPRO of West Chester/ Southern Delco team to begin taking steps to stop the damage from becoming an even bigger disaster. Our professionals first assess the severity of the situation and determine the full extent of the storm, flooding, or additional water damage. Restoring your home or business quickly, takes specialized equipment and highly skilled IICRC professionals. Our team closely inspects the damaged areas; measuring the moisture content, humidity, and temperature to assess the full extent of the damage. They provide a step-by-step solution to restore and repair your property and contents to help minimize additional damages.
OUR LOCAL WEST CHESTER STORM & WATER MITIGATION SERVICES INCLUDE
- Water Extraction
- Drying of affected areas, including walls, carpets, and furniture
- Cleaning and Restoration of affected possessions
- Remediating mold and mildew
- Reconstruction and Repairs
Our SERVPRO of West Chester/ Southern Delco Storm Team has the experience and resources to handle your winter weather property damage quickly and professionally. We know what comes next after the storm and we are prepared 24-7 with Emergency help when you need us! Call our Cleanup, Restoration and Repair teams @ 610-506-8919 or 484-841-6669.