Preparing your Office for Winter!
Winter weather can be unpredictable and harsh on your office building. But we can help with some tips to prepare you!
- Always communicate with your employees. Know their contact information so you can reach out to them if weather affects working hours.
- Always communicate with customers, as well. If there is a winter storm or blizzard on the forecast and you know you will be closing or shortening your hours, be sure to put that information out to customers through social media, emails, a sign, and/or an answering machine recording.
- Salt your sidewalks! If you plan to remain open, make sure to do this to prevent ice from forming and causing slippery conditions.
- Keep an eye on any surrounding power lines. If you see a power line that is down near your business, call 911 immediately and STAY AWAY! It could still be live with electricity.
- Consider buying a generator for any important devices that may need electricity to prevent major loss.
- Check all of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace the batteries regularly.
- Have a mailing back up plan. Think of anything your business may rely on the mail service to provide or send. Plan accordingly by using email or online programs for important documents and payroll.
Here at SERVPRO of Southern Delaware County & West Chester, we not only perform restoration, cleaning, and construction services for homes – but also for commercial properties! If severe weather causes any damage to your property, we are here to help get your business up and running again. Give Danielle a call! 610-506-8919